Attire—Business casual dress is appropriate for all events. Due to fluctuations in room temperature, MTA encourages you to bring a sweater or jacket for your comfort.
Cancellations & Substitutions—A Conference registration may be transferred to another individual from the same township or converted to a virtual registration for a $10 administrative fee. Refund of the registration fee, less a $25 administrative fee, will be made if written notice of cancellation is received by March 20. Written cancellation requests received from March 21 through April 3 will be subject to an administrative fee equal to one-half of the registration fee. In-person event “no shows” or those who cancel after April 3 will be converted to virtual Conference access. No refunds will be given without extenuating circumstances. Please note that virtual registrations or transfer requests received after April 7 cannot be guaranteed live online access, but will receive on-demand access from May through July 2023. Hotel cancellation policies vary; see your reservation confirmation for details.
Confirmation & Credentials—A confirmation will be emailed upon registration (check your spam or junk mail folder if it does not arrive in your inbox). If you do not receive a confirmation within 48 hours of registering, or need to add or update your email address, call the MTA office at (517) 321-6467, ext. 226. The registration confirmation includes a personalized housing code that allows you to reserve a hotel room in MTA Conference room blocks at discounted rates. The housing website opens for attendees at 9 a.m. on Jan. 25. All attendees will receive an important “Know Before You Go” email approximately one week before the event with helpful details for navigating both the in-person and virtual Conference.
Optional Activities—Pre-Conference educational events held on April 17 may be added to your Conference registration or purchased separately. Admission to the MTA Banquet on April 19 is included with main-Conference and guest registrations ONLY. Additional banquet tickets may be purchased while registering (see page 10) and on-site.
Parking & Shuttle Service—Parking is available free of charge at the Grand Traverse Resort. Complimentary shuttle service will be provided to/from the resort and hotels with MTA room blocks. Hotel parking varies by location. Additional details will be available on www.michigantownships.org/
conference.asp and in “Know Before You Go” information emailed to attendees prior to the event.
Photography Release—By registering for this event, attendees grant permission to MTA to utilize their image or likeness to promote MTA and our events. Attendees waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product(s), copy or other matter that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied.
Registration—Conference registration opens Jan. 4, 2023. In-person participants MUST register prior to booking your hotel room. Your confirmation will contain your personalized housing code, which is required to book your hotel room in MTA room blocks. Housing reservations open at 9 a.m. on Jan. 25.
All in-person attendees must check in at MTA Registration, which will be located in the Peninsula Room (Lower Level) on Monday from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Registration is in the Tower Lobby on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Wednesday from 7 to 11 a.m. There, you can pick up your registration materials (including credentials, bag and on-site program), purchase banquet tickets and get details on MTA Conference events.
Registration Rates—Registration rates for Conference delegates and their guests appear on page 10. MTA Online Premium Pass subscribers receive an additional 20% off member rates! Registrations must be faxed, postmarked or made online by March 20, 2023, to receive early-bird rates. For registrations received after March 20 but before April 3, regular rates apply. Registrations received after April 3 are subject to on-site registration rates.
- Virtual Conference: Includes access to live streams and recordings of Opening Session, General Session and Annual Meeting, as well as select educational sessions and handouts (see page 11 for details), exhibitor information and discounted rates on MTA book and product orders. Recordings will be available from May through July 2023.
- Main Conference (in person): Includes Tuesday and Wednesday educational sessions, Bendzinski’s “3-D” Welcoming Reception, Opening Session, General Session, Expo, Par-Plan Fun Night, MTA Banquet and Burnham & Flower Insurance Group’s Afterglow Reception. In-person registrants can purchase virtual access to watch recordings of 10 breakout sessions (and rewatch the main-stage events!) for only $60.
- Pre-Conference classes (in person only): Include that session’s handouts and meal(s). Additional fees are required; see page 12 for session descriptions.
- Single-day only (in person only): Includes that day’s educational sessions, Opening or General Session, and Expo.
- Guest (in person): Includes admission to Bendzinski’s “3-D” Welcoming Reception, Opening Session, General Session, Expo, Par-Plan Fun Night, MTA Banquet and Burnham & Flower Insurance Group’s Afterglow Reception. Registered guests may also use MTA shuttle service. Note: Guests cannot attend any educational sessions or pre-Conference classes unless registered as an attendee.
Special Needs—Attendees with special dietary or accessibility needs should notify Kristin at (517) 321-6467, ext 230 or email email@example.com at
least two weeks prior to Conference.
Ticket Xchange—Select your seat for the MTA Banquet at the Ticket Xchange, located near MTA Registration on Monday, or in the Governors’ Hall lobby Tuesday and Wednesday.