Getting Started with MTA’s live online webinars & events
Thanks for your interest in MTA’s online training! The majority of our live online events are streamed using Zoom, so an updated version of the Zoom app will be required to participate. Some courses, such as Board of Review Training, may require a webcam, while other online training, such as our Now You Know series, offers a format that is interactive without requiring attendees have a camera or microphone.
New to Zoom? Download the app for free at https://zoom.us/download. For most virtual events, registrants will get access to both the live stream AND the recorded version. Just want to view the recorded version? See below for further details.
Key Details for MTA’s 2024 online Board of Review Training classes
Due to the state’s requirements for online training, specific protocols must be met in order for Board of Review members to receive credit for attending MTA’s online P.A. 660 Required Training. (Note that the MTA Advanced Board of Review class does not qualify to meet the STC requirement under P.A. 660.)
Here are key details for all participants:
A confirmation including the Zoom link and handouts for this class will be sent via email to all registered participants with an email on file, about a week prior to the session you registered for; please check your junk/spam folders if you don’t see it in your inbox. A reminder will be emailed again the day prior to the class. Need to update your email address? Contact MTA at 517-321-6467 ext. 221.
Individuals must have their computer camera on AND remain visible for the duration of the class to receive a certificate. We recommend running a Zoom test meeting to ensure your camera is working prior to the date of the event.
Those watching as a group must:
Enter the names of every participant in the contact info form when signing in to Zoom.
Complete the required group attendance form to sign in and out of class. Links to the correct form for each class are below and are also included in the pre-training materials.
Feb. 26 Group Form
March 4 Group Form
Ensure the attendance form is signed by the elected official or assessor verifying the attendance and participation of the group.
Immediately following class, send the completed form to email@example.com.
- You must complete the required quiz to receive credit for the class. A link will be posted in the “Chat” during class and emailed to you after class. One quiz may be completed for groups watching together; please complete the quiz using the same name/email address used for your group Zoom login.
Certificates will be emailed to the address on file for each participant up to 2 weeks after class. for processing (For groups, all certificates will be sent to the email used to login to Zoom.)
Additional tips and helpful info can be found below. For troubleshooting login issues the day of the event, or for other assistance, contact MTA at 517-321-6467.
Instructions for other MTA webinars
Accessing a live stream
For our Now You Know webinars and most live streamed in-person events, each registrant will receive a confirmation email, which contains a link you must click to get your personalized Zoom link for the live session.
To join live, simply click the Zoom link in your email about 5-10 minutes before the start time, then click the “Open Zoom” button (if prompted).
- You may be in a waiting room briefly before we start the presentation. While you wait for the meeting to begin, you can check your sound by clicking the “Test Computer Audio” button.
- Once you are admitted to the meeting, a pop up may appear asking if you would like to “Join with Computer Audio.” If you are joining from a computer, select that button.
- Additional helpful tips can be found here.
Handouts & Materials
A link will be provided to download or print the presentation slides in advance. Links will also be shared in the chat during the live Zoom session and will be posted along with the recording later.
Other Helpful Tips
- To ask questions of the presenter during the live stream, be sure to use the Q&A function, found in the Zoom menu at the bottom of the screen.
- To chat with other attendees or request tech support, use the Chat feature.
- For most MTA webinars, attendees will not be able to enable their camera or microphone; if you have questions, please use the Q&A feature.
- For tech support during a live stream, please contact MTA at 517-321-6467.
- Click here for more Zoom tips.
Planning to watch later at your convenience?
Please note that viewing a recorded version does NOT qualify for credit toward the PA 660 mandated training requirement. Recordings for most live streamed classes and webinars will be made available “on demand” in MTA’s Online Learning Center about 1-2 weeks after the live event date. We’ll email you instructions on how to login and watch once the recording is available. Can’t find the email or need a refresher? Follow these simple steps to login and start watching:
- Login at https://learn.michigantownships.org using your email address and MTA website password. (First time logging in to MTA? The starter password is Password1953.)
- Once you are logged in, click on MY WEBCASTS in the blue navigation bar.
- Click on the name of the webcast you wish to view, then on the Contents tab, look for the “View On-Demand Recording” button. (Zoom is not required to view recorded webcasts.)
- You can download any handouts/materials for each session from the Handouts tab, or learn more about the presenters on the Speakers tab.
Please note that each registrant must have a unique email address on file in order to watch MTA’s on-demand webcasts. To add an email address for another individual from your township who does not yet have an email on file, please send the name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register now for online training with MTA
Space is still available for MTA’s online Board of Review Training, coming up on March 4. Use the links below to learn more or sign up today!
Note: Online registration will be closed after 4pm on March 1.
Looking for more online classes?
Visit our Upcoming Training page to see and sign up for other MTA virtual events and trainings. Once you are registered, come back here for help getting started, tips on using the virtual event platform, and important updates.
Ready to start learning now?
MTA offers on-demand training on dozens of township topics, available 24/7 from the comfort of your home or office. Learn more or get started at http://learn.michigantownships.org.