Things to do at The Highlands
Some people come to The Highlands to relax. Others come to play. But no matter how you choose to spend your downtime, they have all the amenities and services you need to make the most of your stay.
All hotel guests have access to a variety of free and fun amenities, including a swimming pool/hot tub (available at both the Main Lodge and Heather Highlands Inn), hiking trails, an arcade with pool table and air hockey, complimentary board games (available at the Front Desk) and free lawn games at the Par 3 Hut (weather permitting).
- Feeling adventurous? The Highlands offers many opportunities to try something out of the ordinary. Fly through the sky on a zipline adventure or take a ride on more than 22 miles of natural terrain at the mountain bike park. Take a tranquil horseback ride, get a taste of the beauty of northern Michigan on an off-road Segway tour, or improve your golf game using the latest technology at the new TrackMan Range.
- Join fellow officials for a meal or an aperitif at any of The Highlands’ dining outlets. Grab a drink or check out the seasonal menus at the Slopeside Lounge, enjoy a gourmet breakfast with fabulous views in the Main Dining Room, grab a coffee or light lunch at The Cafe at the Highlands, or enjoy a view of The Heather Golf Course from the 19th Tee, serving up sandwiches, burgers, paninis and more.
- Discover why all four golf courses at The Highlands are consistently ranked amongst the top courses in the country by adding a golf package to your lodging reservation.
Things to do around Harbor Springs/Petoskey
Harbor Springs and the surrounding northern Michigan communities offer a variety of fun for all ages and interests. Among the many things to do are biking & hiking, unique shops and boutiques, an indoor water park, enjoying the culinary offerings, breweries, wineries, distilleries, and, of course, plenty of outstanding golf.
Here’s a few of our favorite spots:
- Take a color tour on M-119 from Harbor Springs to Cross Village and enjoy one of the most famous stretches of scenic highway in America, the Tunnel of Trees. Be sure to stop in Good Hart at the authentic 1934 General Store, complete with a post office, deli/bakery, gift shop and more.
- Fall is the best time to visit Pond Hill Farm for hot cider and donuts (or wine and beer tasting!), farm-to-table lunch options, pumpkin picking, hayrides, live music and family-friendly activities.
- Stroll the streets of quaint downtown Harbor Springs or the Gaslight District of Petoskey to find that perfect souvenir, eclectic antiques or a delightful additional to your art collection.
- Take a short trip north to the Headlands International Dark Sky Park near Mackinac City, and enjoy the true beauty of a starry Northern Michigan night.
- Make some time for a little pampering at one of the areas award-winning spas.